Content Creator Intern
Location: Remote or Cape Town, South Africa
Timing: 10+ weeks concluding before the end of August 2023
About the role
HotBot is a smart energy device that is changing the way we use electricity. HotBot connects to your geyser to train it to use less energy and allows you to control it from anywhere on your phone. But unlike a traditional geyser timer, HotBot not only saves you money, it uses AI to enable geysers to take turns, creating the most efficient heating schedule. So, together with all other HotBots, users can help fix load shedding by shifting the load out of peak times for a more balanced and healthy grid.
The Content Creator Intern will work at the epicenter of this message, communicating it to our audience via our social media platforms.
The Content Creator Intern will contribute in the following areas with the purpose of resonating with our audiences:
- Investigate audience knowledge gaps and conceptualise ways to use design to overcome them;
- Engage with user comments as research for new content;
- Develop content calendar based on a narrative-based strategy;
- Create social media content to communicate our mission and the benefit of HotBot to the community;
- Support Product team to optimise design assets to be used across various platforms
This internship can either be hosted in Cape Town, South Africa or remotely in a location of your choice. Interns are targeted to earn R1500-R2,000 per week.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a design field, or demonstrating equivalent fluency in communication design.
- Comfortable working in Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, bonus: After Effects)
- Strong ideation skills
- Ability to convert conceptual ideas into compelling designs for social media
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Bonus: copywriting skills)
- Good at receiving and implementing feedback
- Willingness to take initiative and to gain new skills
- Bonus: illustration skills
How to apply
Email your cover letter, CV and portfolio to email@example.com or submit through this page, being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience.