Embedded Systems Engineer
Timing: Full-time role starting as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the role
The Embedded Systems Engineer will be part of an agile team to collaboratively contribute to developing the stable, maintainable and flexible firmware system that underlies our products. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn and apply best practices in embedded systems development. The candidate will leverage his/her/their skills to perform work in the following areas:
- Feature development: developing firmware features and architecting to further enhance our product
- Maintenance: identifying and fixing bugs in the existing code base
- R&D: experimenting with new hardware and developing new sensors and products
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, and may include equity in Plentify. The role is work-from-anywhere, but you’ll find debugging tools and many of your colleagues at our office in Cape Town. Plentify also offers several exciting benefits like unlimited vacation.
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in embedded software development.
- Strong and relevant technical foundation, for example with a degree towards Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Demonstrable experience in embedded C99 in bare-metal and RTOS environments, ideally having numerous successful projects under the belt.
- Experience with best practice software engineering/architecting beneficial
- Understanding of electronics and the hardware debugging skills required to fully debug any aspect of the firmware. This includes experience with oscilloscopes, logic analysers, multimeters and surface mount soldering.
- Fluency in firmware debugging
- Fluency with version control in Git-based devops environments
- Python familiarity
- Experience with agile software development is beneficial.
- Experience with embedded Linux /Zephyr highly beneficial
- Knowledge of IoT/LowPAN/Mesh/Low Power Radio networks beneficial
How to apply
Submit your cover letter and resume through this site or to firstname.lastname@example.org, being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience. Include links to relevant code repositories and work portfolios.