Location: Cape Town
Timing: Full- or part-time internship role with possibility to extend. Starting as soon as possible.
About the role
The Operations Assistant will contribute to the rapid scaling of our operations and will help with:
- Technical assembly: assembling, enclosures, cables and sensors.
- Picking, testing and packing components for production runs and deployments.
- Assisting the team with site work, testing hardware and various operational tasks.
- Helping with running a seamless operation, including inventory control, stock takes, keeping our stock rooms and office environment neat and well ordered for working efficiently.
- Executing on various administrative tasks and processes.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn from a strong team in a fast-paced environment. The role will provide exposure to a broad range of operational work with many opportunities for growth. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience. The role is based out of our office in Salt River, Cape Town. Paid weekend and after hours support may be required from time to time.
Experience and qualifications
- Good communication skills, computer literacy and ability to self manage
- Great at following processes with strong attention to detail; efficient at task management and administrative work
- Comfortable with using hand tools like wire cutters, pliers, knives, shifting spanners, allen keys and electric screwdrivers
- Experience with inventory control, logistics processes or factory work is an advantage
- Understanding of electronics, hardware products and soldering skills is a bonus
- Valid drivers licence and own transport is an advantage
An ideal candidate is a fast learner with a very strong attention to detail and enjoys doing hands-on work to high quality standards.
How to apply
Submit your cover letter and resume through this site or to firstname.lastname@example.org, being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience..