Location: Johannesburg, Pretoria or surrounds
Timing: Full-time role, starting as soon as possible. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
About the role
The Operations Technician will contribute to the rapid scaling of our operations and will participate in:
- Managing our fleet of devices: field service maintenance, daily fleet monitoring, technical troubleshooting and supporting users.
- Expanding our installer network through training, on-site evaluations and remote support.
- Managing and supervising installation projects.
- R&D support: running field experiments and root cause analysis to improve our product.
- Internal ops & logistics: Implementing and running a seamless and scalable operation, including, inventory control, picking, packing and testing products. Assisting with deployment logistics to enable our installers in the region.
The candidate will have the opportunity to learn from a strong team in a fast-paced environment. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and may include equity in Plentify. Weekend and after hours support will be required on a rotational basis as well as frequent travelling to sites, including out of town travel. The role will be work-from-home at first and become office based once our Gauteng operations are established.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a related role.
- NQF level 6 engineering qualification in electronics, electrical or mechanical fields is beneficial.
- Understanding of electronics and hardware debugging skills. Experience with multimeters and good soldering skills (through-hole and surface mount).
- Skilled at using hand tools and power tools and comfortable with site work.
- Strong attention to detail, good communication, computer literacy and ability to self manage.
- Thorough and considered approach to problem solving and technical troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical training to installers and support customers and service providers in a professional manner, both in person and remotely.
- A valid driver’s licence and own transport for field work.
How to apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through this website, being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience.