Product Management Intern
Location: Remote or Cape Town, South Africa
Timing: 10+ weeks concluding before the end of August 2023
About the role
HotBot is enabled through the combination of Internet of Things hardware, data science, user-facing apps and backend systems. The Product Management Intern will work at the epicenter of this product, acting as a bridge between our users, business and engineering teams, to play a critical role in delivering an impactful product.
The Product Management Intern will contribute in the following areas:
- Voice of the user: engage with various user groups, and conduct user research to understand pain points, shape user journey and get feedback on design choices.
- Feature prioritisation: help evaluate the cost and benefit of new features, and make recommendations for which should be prioritised for development.
- Feature design: help set requirements for new features, and lead engineering teams through design-thinking processes to develop the best solutions.
- Launch management: help coordinate hardware, data science, software and business teams to launch selected features, including identifying and problem solving any bottlenecks early.
This internship can either be hosted in Cape Town, South Africa or remotely in a location of your choice.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or demonstrated technical fluency sufficient to engage engineers.
- Pursuing a Masters Degree in a relevant field from a top-tier school
- 2+ years of experience developing and launching technology products. Bonus if these products touched on energy, hardware, artificial intelligence, and consumer applications.
- Experience driving design and day-to-day technical discussions, and managing technical teams through Agile or other methodologies.
- Strong user advocate, experienced conducting UX research and integrating findings into product design.
- Ability to convert conceptual ideas into compelling wireframes
- High attention to detail, analytical and structured problem solver, strong written and verbal communicator.
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org being sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience.