Location: South Africa
Timing: Full-time role starting as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the role
Delivering an exceptional experience to our users, customers and partners is core to our values at Plentify. We strongly believe that this is only possible through a deep understanding of these groups.
To help us improve this understanding and steer the direction of our product, we are looking for a UX Researcher who can own the end-to-end research process. This is a mid-level role, so you should have some solid experience under your belt, but still be focused on developing your research and leadership skills.
You will be expected to
- Work with the product team to identify and prioritise research opportunities based on impact
- Design research studies in collaboration with team members
- Design and implement recruitment strategies (for both ad-hoc and continuous research)
- Conduct research through a mix of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Conduct both discovery and validation research methods (most typically interviews, , observation studies, usability studies and surveys)
- Analyse and synthesise findings into actionable insights
- Communicate insights within the organisation to foster deeper empathy with our customers
- Understand the complexities of selection and analysis biases
- Seek feedback, learning and growth opportunities
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, and may include equity in Plentify. This role can be based anywhere in South Africa (including our office in Cape Town). Plentify also offers several exciting benefits like unlimited vacation.
- 1-3 years hands on user research experience with senior mentorship
- Experience working in a product-led organisation
- Experience conducting interviews, observation studies, usability studies and surveys
- Some experience with user-centred design methodologies such as personas, journey maps and jobs to be done (JTBD)
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Hold a beginner’s mindset with strong curiosity
- Strong systems thinker and creative problem solver
Nice to have
- Experience as a UX Designer, Marketer, Product Manager, Customer Experience Specialist
- Either an undergraduate or master degree in a research focused field such as Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, HCI, Cognitive Science
- Experience with usability and needs based measurement techniques
- Experience with focus group, diary study, and shadow research methods
How to apply
Email your cover letter, resume and portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to highlight your interest in our mission and your relevant qualifications and experience.